Matakana Hinterland Tour B
- Duration : 7 Hours (approx.)
- Product code : DTMHINTB
Hinterland Tour B includes all entry fees and tastings - select & purchase your own lunch
Enjoy New Zealand like a local on our engaging day tour of Matakana Coast. Get up close to the working farm, dogs rounding up, sheep shearing and feeding baby lambs.
Meeting the locals along the way whom are enthusiast of allsorts from Vinters to Brewers & Cheese makers to Chocolatiers. Our region is bountiful when it comes to passionate locals willingly sharing their story on how their venture came about, the passion that’s kept it going and the finesse required to produce the quality tasty treats, consistently. It all seams effortless from afar.
Ex Auckland, 9:00am – 5:00pm
Ex Matakana, 9:30am – 4:30pm
Ex Auckland $385 pp
Ex Matakana $335 pp
Minimum 2 pax
Children 1/2 price
- Chocolate tasting
- Sheep shearing show
- Visit NZ wool products store
- Pottery factory tour
- Matakana Wine tasting
- Matakana Village
- Honey tour & Pot of honey to keep
- Puhoi historic village
- Door to door transport
- Maps & water
- Knowledgeable local guide
Our vehicles are comfortable, air conditioned vehicles.
- Get the Buzz on Bees with our honey tour and enjoy your very own 250g jar of multiflora honey to keep.
- Chocolate tasting and informative insight to the quality of these boutique handmade delights. The best way to learn is to eat it :-)
- Sheep shearing show, with working dogs, feeding & cuddle baby lambs (seasonally dependent). Entertaining & often comical script in show for all ages.
- Pottery factory tour is a fascinating insight to harvest of clay, stages of creating a pot from throwing, drying, firing and glazing by the artists
- Visit the New Zealand Wool Products retail store; New Zealand wool products make for a fantastic memento or souvenir to take home.
- Lunch and wine tasting options. Either stroll the Matakana Village and arrange your own meal followed by a visit to the vineyard for a wine tasting OR Enjoy your meal at the vineyard with your wine tasting.